One of the ten (10) point socio-economic agenda of the President is to improve competitiveness and ease of doing business. The Department acknowledges the vital roles of the LGUs in providing the right atmosphere and business climate to encourage investors and improve economic growth.
The DILG XII, as one of the lead agencies in the Streamlining of Enhanced Business Permit and Licensing System (BPLS), conducted the Provincial Orientation on Joint Memorandum Circular No. 01, series of 2016.
Participants of the one-day activity were the Mayors, Chairperson of the Committee on Appropriations of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan/Panlungsod, Business Permit and Licensing Officers (BPLOs), Budget Officers, and City/Municipal Local Government Operations Officers (C/MLGOOs) of the following LGUs:
Cotabato Province Sarangani South Cotabato Sultan Kudarat
1. Alamada 1. Alabel 1. Banga 1. Bagumbayan
2. Aleosan 2. Glan 2. Lake Sebu 2. Columbio
3. Arakan 3. Kiamba 3. Norala 3. Esperanza
4. Banisilan 4. Maitum 4. Polomolok 4. Kalamansig
5. Carmen 5. Malapatan 5. Surallah 5. Lambayong
6. Libungan 6. Malungon 6. Tampakan 6. Lebak
7. Magpet 7. Tantangan 7. Lutayan
8. Matalam 8. T’boli 8. Palimbang
9. Pigcawayan 9. Tupi 9. Pres. Quirino
10. Pres. Roxas 10. Sen. Ninoy Aquino
11. Cotabato City
The activity was consecutively held on (1) October 9, 2017 for Cotabato Province, (2) October 12, 2017 for Sarangani and South Cotabato, and (3) October 13, 2017 for Sultan Kudarat and Cotabato City.
Through the Provincial Orientation, above-mentioned LGUs were successfully informed and updated of the revised standards in processing business permits and licenses in all cities and municipalities. At the end of the activity, participants were able to; (1) recognize the benefits of advancing streamlining of BPLS; (2) explore strategies in the application of the revised standards; and (3) outline plan of actions in order to effectively implement the program.